Sunday, May 29, 2011

Back At It

It's time for a mid-year resolution - I will post to my blogs every week. I had great intentions while in India, but due to the internet being erratic, so were my blog postings. Since returning home, my time has been consumed with finding work, designing and creating commissioned artwork, but more importantly, spending time with loved ones, doing some soul-searching, and growing a relationship. 


With so much to do, I need to be more organized with my own time. It's easy to do on-the-job professionally, but at home, I have been more relaxed. Having a schedule, even a basic one - not highly detailed, can best be described as "disciplined freedom".


"Disciplined freedom" - I used to think that was a true oxymoron. By scheduling some activities that need to be done on a regular, weekly basis, I actually create more freedom for pursuing the things that are not as easily scheduled - like artistic inspiration, designing, making art - activities that require the right frame of mind to do well.


So here it goes...the next post is this week's post...

No comments:

Post a Comment