Friday, June 17, 2011

Sunny & Hot Colorado

Since the 13th of June, I have been in Colorado, preparing for the next chapter in my life...

I'm excited, but understandably a little scared, too. There's no way of knowing whether I am making the right decision at this point - or not. I just feel like I have been given an opportunity to live out west where I have wanted to go for some time now. Plus, I know that if I do not try this, I will always wonder, "What if?"

I do not relish the idea of living away from my children and especially my grandbaby, Oliver. However, I know that they would not turn down an opportunity because it may mean moving away from me. Life goes on...doesn't mean it is better or worse, just different.

And, no, I am not moving here by myself, nor will I be out here without family. My boyfriend, Larry, has been here north of Denver since the end of March. My sister lives in Louisville, near Boulder, and my brother lives in Fort Collins, just one hour north.

It's time to take a chance - and live up to that favorite quote of mine from Helen Keller:  "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

Here's to a daring adventure! 

2 comments:

  1. Yup. You'll be fine. Scared, uncertain, and still searching ... but fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then again, maybe Helen Keller was right and wrong at the same time. Maybe there is something - actually a great deal of somethings - between the polar swings of "daring adventure" or "nothing." It is easy to identify the extreme ends of any spectrum and sometimes more challenging to appreciate the gifts, miracles, and moments of wonder that come to us every day, taken for granted while wrapped in normalcy, averageness, and predictability.

    ReplyDelete